If you are seeking a change in your career or work situation, Colman Knight welcomes your interest in our organization and the current openings available in our expanding organization. Below are the opportunities for your consideration. If, after you review these positions, you are inspired and qualified, please follow up with your resume and cover letter as suggested. We look forward to receiving your response and connecting with you thereafter.
Colman Knight Two Year Residency – Integral Wealth
RESIDENCY in FINANCIAL PLANNING
*Applications Currently Being Accepted*
Colman Knight Advisory Group, LLC seeks a full-time Resident in Financial Planning for a two-year development opportunity. In this salaried position, the Resident will gain exposure and experience in all areas of comprehensive financial planning and wealth management by working with our devoted, competent and diverse team of CFP® professionals. Upon conclusion, the Resident will be exceptionally well-trained in all areas of financial planning and have gained a better understanding of self-interests and talents from which to determine and pursue the next phase of his or her career. Colman Knight is growing and intends to offer career opportunities to qualified, interested and aligned Residents.
The CK Residency is a two year progressive study program consisting of four six-month modules designed to give the Resident a strong foundation in all areas of Integral Wealth planning. The areas of training are outlined below and “supervised” by a current CK member.
Milestone I – Operations in Administration
Building capacity: CRM, CK Software, client relations, administration, work flow, processes, systems; communication “101” – listening & reviewing
Milestone II – Investment Integrity (and Milestone I)
Building capacity: Morningstar, investment process, research, portfolio customization, implementation, rebalancing; communication – deeper inquiry, focused and relating
Milestone III – Financial Planning Analysis (and Milestone II)
Building capacity: financial plans, scenario planning, unique areas of integral wealth – exterior perspective; communication – wider view and making connections
Milestone IV – Integral Wealth (and Milestone III)
Building capacity: developmental practices, integral wealth – interior and exterior perspective; communication – diving deep and sensing both interior and exterior
Alignment with Colman Knight “ACORN” Values and Core Purpose:
To integrate heart, mind, $ and body, to enrich one’s unique experience of life.
A Authentic Authority
C Compassionate Care
O Openness to Learning
R Responsive Awareness
N Nurture NOW
Embrace the four pillars of integrity and openness to learning.
- Trustworthy, ethical, resourceful emerging professional
- Commitment to pursue a professional career in financial planning
- Outstanding academic and related work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with database, financial planning and Microsoft Office software
- Fearless in Computer operations including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Proven organization and time management skills
- Experience in the financial industry a plus but not necessary
The applicant should feel comfortable in a small office setting and have the desire to learn, grow and understand self, clients, others, the profession and the world.
- Steadily-increasing Base Salary as abilities and experience become embodied
- Annual FPA membership with local chapter meeting season ticket
- Consideration for CFP study and certification
- Access to network of established planning firms around the country
Please respond in writing with a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com